- scattering and transfer of optical waves,
- spectroscopy of atmospheric gases,
- turbulent and nonlinear optical phenomena,
- adaptive optics,
- remote (ground-based, airborne, and spaceborne) sensing of the atmosphere and the surface,
- methods for solution of inverse problems,
- new equipment for optical investigations,
- development of computer programs and databases for optical studies.
Special issues of the journal regularly present proceedings of regional and international scientific conferences and meetings, such as Siberian Aerosols and Atomic and Molecular Pulsed Lasers (AMPL). Various topical issues are devoted to studies of atmospheric ozone, adaptive, nonlinear, and coherent optics, regional climate-ecological monitoring, and other subjects.
Optika Atmosfery i Okeana> is indexed in Russian Science Citation Index (RSCI).
Atmospheric and Oceanic Optics is abstracted and/or indexed in: Scopus, EMERGING SOURCES CITATION INDEX (ESCI) of the base Web of Science, Academic OneFile, CAB Abstracts, CAB International, Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS), Global Health, Google Scholar, INIS Atomindex, INSPEC, OCLC, Summon by ProQuest, Ulrich's Periodicals Directory.
V.E. Zuev Institute of Atmospheric Optics SB RAS (IAO SB RAS)
1, Academician Zuev square
Phone: +7 3822 49-24-31
Archive of Atmospheric and Oceanic Optics (ISSN 0235-6880) for 1991-2008. Paper texts are available on request.