In the paper, results of many years studies of ozone concentration in three regions of Eastern Siberia (background, rural, and urban) are presented. Variations of different temporal scale ozone concentrations are considered: daily, seasonal and year-to-year, as well as the influence of natural and anthropogenic factors on these variations. It was received that ozone concentrations in every three regions have similar seasonal changes: maximum in spring and minimum in autumn. During all joint observation period, ozone concentrations in remote and rural regions had similar values, while in urban conditions the ozone concentration was 1.5–2 times lower.
In addition to seasonal variations there are changes on synoptic scale and most clear daily variations caused by photo-chemical generation under the action of solar radiations. In rural site, short-time non periodical decrease in ozone concentrations was observed under the influence of regional air pollution.
In background site during 18 years of observation, the maximal ozone concentrations were observed in 2003–2005, but from those years till recently the ozone concentrations have tendency to be lower.
surface ozone concentration, troposphere, active sampling method, passive sampling method, monitoring stations, Irkutsk, Listvyanka, Mondy
- Akimoto H. Tropospheric ozone a growing threat // Acid deposition and oxidant research center. Niigata, Japan. 2006. 26 р.
- Rovinskij F.Ja., Egorov V.I. Ozon, okisly azota i sery v nizhnej atmosfere. L.: Gidrometeoizdat, 1986. 183 p.
- Belan B.D. Ozon v troposfere / Pod red. V.A. Pogodaeva. Tomsk: Izd-vo Instituta optiki atmosfery SO RAN, 2010. 487 p.
- Pochanart P., Kato S., Katsuno T., Akimoto H. Eurasian continental background and regionally polluted levels of ozone and CO observed in northeast Asia // Atmos. Environ. 2004. V. 38, N 9. Р. 1325–1336.
- Pochanart P. Regional background ozone and carbon monoxide variations in remote Siberia (East Asia) / P. Pochanart, H. Akimoto, T. Khodzher, Y. Kajii, V. Potemkin // J. Geophys. Res. D. 2003. V. 108, N 1. Р. 7–18.
- Holjavickaja A.A., Potjomkin V.L., Golobokova L.P., Hodzher T.V. Izmerenija koncentracii prizemnogo ozona passivnym metodom // Optika atmosf. i okeana. 2011. V. 24, N 9. P. 828–831.
- Hirano K., Maeda H., Saito K. Methods for measurement of NO, NO2, SO2, O3, and NH3 concentration by means of passive samplers (in Japanese). Yokohama City: Yokohama Environmental Science Research Institute, Kanagawa Pref. Japan, 2002. 52 p.
- Protocol for ozone measurement using the ozone passive sampler badge (revision 3) Ogawa & Co., USA, Inc. Boston: Harvard School of Public Health, 2001. 16 p.
- Latysheva I.V., Makuhin V.L., Potjomkin V.L. Issledovanie harakteristik Aziatskogo maksimuma i ego vlijanija na zagrjaznenie atmosfery v regione oz. Bajkal // Optika atmosf. i okeana. 2005. V. 18, N 5–6. P. 466–470.
- Тверской П.Н. Курс метеорологии. Л.: Гидрометиздат, 1962. 700 p.
- Obolkin V.A., Potemkin V.L., Makukhin V.L., Chipanina Y.V., Marinayte I.I. Low-level atmospheric jets as main mechanism of long-range transport of power plant plumes in the Lake Baikal Region // Int. J. Environ. Studies. 2014. V. 71, iss. 3. Р. 391–397.
- Cocks A.T., Kallend A.S., Marsh A.R.W. Dispersion limitations of oxidation in power plant plumes during long-range transport // Nature (Gr. Brit.). 1983. V. 305. Р. 122–123.