Possibility of signal's dispersion and source's coordinates reconstruction in an optical remote sensing through the homogeneous clouds is discussed conformably to isotropically radiating objects. Reconstruction can be done by means of calculation using the simple formulae based on familiar solutions of radiative transfer equation for pulse propagation in the forward-scattering medium. It is possible if resolution of optical system is sufficiently high to register signals from different points of the luminous region on the top of the clouds separatly. The error of the method involves in the error of small-angle approximation.
1. A.N. Tikhonov and V.Ya. Arsenin Methods for Solving Ill-Posed Problems (Nauka, Moscow, 1986)
2. L.S. Dolin Izvestiya Akad. Nauk. SSSR. ser. Fiz. Atmos, i Okeana 16, 55 (1980)
3. A. Ishimaru Wave Propagation and Scattering in Randomly Inhomogeneous Media (Mir, Moscow, 1981)
4. S. Ito On the theory of pulse wave propagation in media of discrete random scatterers, Radio Sci., 15, 893 (1980)
5. P.L. Walker Beam propagation through slab scattering media in the small-angle approximation Appl. Opt., 26, 524 (1987)
6. H.C.Van de Hulst Light Scattering by Small Particles (Wiley, New York, 1957)