The paper deals with the estimation of information content of short-wavelengths hemispherical fluxes for restoring the corresponding vertical profiles of optical parameters of inhomogeneous atmosphere divided into several layers. Matrices of partial derivatives of these fluxes with respect to the optical parameters of the atmosphere are analyzed in the paper for the case of clear (τ0 = 0,09), turbid (τ0 = 0,9) and strongly turbid (τ0=3,5) atmosphere. A quantitative criterion for assessing the information content of measurements is presented and the information base adequacy for the inverse problem solution is shown (except for the scattering phase function elongation under very clear conditions).
1. V.I. Binenko, O.B. Vasil’yev, I.P. Vinogradova, et al., The Complete Radiation Experiment (Gidrometeoizdat, Leningrad, 1976).
2. O.B. Vasil’yev, V.S. Grishechkin, A.P. Kovalenko, et al., Complex Remote Monitoring of Lakes (Nauka, Leningrad, 1987).
3. L.A. Gavrilova, Izvestiya Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Fizika Atmosfery i Okeana (Bulletin of the USSR Academy of Sciences, Physics of Atmospheric Optics), Vol. 20, No. 4, 269 (1984).
4. I.N. Melnikov and I.N. Minin, Izvestiya Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Fizika Atmosfery i Okeana (Bulletin of the USSR Academy of Sciences, Physics of Atmospheric Optics), Vol. 13, No. 3, 254 (1977).
5. V.V. Sobolev, Scattering of Light in
the Atmospheres of Planets (Nauka, Moscow,
6. A.N. Tikhonov and V.Ya. Arsenin, Methods for Solving the Improperly Posed Problems Moscow, (1979).
7. T.B. Yanovskaya and L.N. Porokhova, Inverse Problems in Geophysics, Leningrad State University Press, Leningrad, (1983).
8. O.D. Barteneva, A.G. Laktionov, V.K. Adnashkin, and L.K. Veselova, Problemy Fiziki Atmosfery (Problems of Atmospheric Physics), No. 15, 27 (1978).
9. B.A. Kargin, Statistical Modeling of Solar Radiation Field in the Atmosphere (Nauka, Novosibirsk, 1984).
10. G.A. Mikhailov, Optimization of Monte-Carlo Weight Methods, (Nauka, Moscow, 1987).