A new express method for determining the total level of higherhydrocarbons against a background of high methane levels is reported. It is based on the sharp qualitative difference of the dependence of the absorption coefficients of methane and the higherhydrocarbons on the pressure of demonstrate the possibility of against a background which exceeds the gaseous medium examined. We demonstrate the possibility of detecting a propane concentration against a background which exceeds it by one hundred times.
1. Yu.S. Dugov, A.Yu. Belikov, G.A. D’yakova, et al., Methods of Air Pollution Analysis (Khimiya, Moscow, 1984).
2. Yu.N. Medyanovskii, V.A. Barykina, A.I. Firger, et al., Instrumentation for Analytical Monitoring of the Atmosphere and of Industrial Discharges (Kiev: VNIIAP, 37 1985).
3. B.N. Edward and D.E. Burch, J. Opt. Soc. Amer., 55, No. 2, 174 (1965).
4. A.B. Antipov, V.A. Kapitanov, Yu.N. Ponomarev, et al., The Opto-Acoustic Method in Laser Spectroscopy of Molecular Gases (Nauka, Novosibirsk, 1984).
5. M. Dang-Nhu, A.S. Pine, and A.G. Robiette, J. Mol. Spectrosc., 77, 57–68 (1979).
6. L.S. Rothman, Appl. Opt., 20, No. 5, 791–795 (1981).
7. I.P. Konovalov, A.I. Popov, and E.D. Protsenko, Opt. Spectrosk., 33, No. 1, 15–21 (1972).
8. N.B. Koshelyavskii, V.M. Tatarenkov, and A.N. Titov, Kvant. Elektronika, 3, No. 2, 417–424 (1976).
9. D.N. Jaynes and B.H. Beam, Appl. Opt., 8, No. 8, .1741–1742 (1969).
10. V.A. Balakin, A.I. Popov, and A.V. Sadchikhin, The Fifth All-Union Symposium on High and Super high-Re solution Molecular Spectroscopy (Institute of Atmospheric Optics, Siberian Branch, USSR Academy of Sciences, Tomsk, 1980).