An efficient algorithm for reconstructing the vertical profile of the aerosol attenuation coefficient in the atmosphere from one-frequency laser sounding data is proposed. The computational algorithm and the results of control calculations are presented and compared with well-known model profiles of the aerosol attenuation.
1. V.E. Zuev, G.M. Krekov, and M.M. Krekova, Remote Sensing of the Atmosphere. (Nauka, Novosibirsk, 1978).
2. R. Measures, Laser Remote Sensing. [Russian translation] (Mir, Moscow, 1987).
3. T.J. Swissler, P. Hamill, M. Osborn, et al., J. Atm. Sci., 39, No. 4, 909 (1982).
4. G.M. Krekov, S.I. Kavkyanov, and M.M. Krekova, Interpretation of Atmospheric Optical Sounding Signals (Nauka, Novosibirsk, 1987).
5. V.E. Zuev, S.I. Kavkyanov, and G.M. Krekov, Ads. Space Res., 5, No. 6, 81 (1985).
6. A.V. El’nikov, G.M. Krekov, and V.N. Marichev, Izvestiya Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Fizika Atmosfery i Okeana, 24, No. 8, 818 (1988).
7. V.E. Zuev and G.M. Krekov, Optical Models of the Atmosphere, (Gidrometeoizdat, Leningrad, 1986).