A scheme for narrow-band spectroscopy, in which probing of weak absorption is performed at the frequency of the laser radiation, while detection is performed at the doubled laser frequency, was studied theoretically and experimentally. It is shown that this scheme has a higher sensitivity than the traditional method.
1. L.A. Pakhomicheva, E.A. Sviridenkov, A.F. Suchkov, L.V. Titova, and S.S. Churilov, Pis’ma Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 12, 60 (1970).
2. S.F. Luk’yanenko and M.M. Makagon in: The Sixth All-Union Symposium on High- and Ultrahigh-Resolution Spectroscopy, Tomsk Affiliate of the Siberian Branch of the USSR Academy of Sciences, 208, Tomsk (1982).
3. E.P. Gordov, A.I. Zhiliba, and M.M. Makagon in: Proceedings of the Eighth All-Union Symposium on High-Resolution Spectroscopy, Tomsk Affiliate of the Siberian Branch of the USSR Academy of Sciences, Part 1, 50, Tomsk (1988).
4. H. Haken, Laser Light Dynamics, North-Holland Elsevier, No. 4 (1985), [Russian translation] (Mir, Moscow, (1988).
5. L. Mandel, Xiago-Guang, J. Opt. Soc. Amer., 3B, 940 (1986).