The paper suggests a technique for interpreting the data of multiangle lidar sensing in application to restore the optical depth and extinction coefficient of the atmosphere. The technique is based on the use of a regularization algorithm. The efficiency of the algorithm is studied numerically. Some results of experimental data handling using this algorithm are presented.
1. J. Rothermal and D. Jones, Appl. Opt., 24, No. 21, 3487 (1985).
2. J.D. Spinhirne, J.A. Reagan, and В.M. Herman, J. Appl. Meteorol. 19, No. 4, 426 (1980).
3. В.P. Ivanenko and I.E. Naats, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. FAO, 19, No. 1, 94 (1983).
4. A.N. Tikhonov and V.Ya. Arsenin, Methods for Solving Improperly Posed Problems, (Nauka, Moscow, 1979).
5. B.P. Ivanenko and I.E. Naats, Opt. Lett., 6, No. 7, 305 (1981).
6. B.P. Ivanenko, Opt. Atmos., 1, No. 8, 111 (1988).