The propagation of a laser pulse through the dense soot aerosol of submicron sizes is investigated. Considerable clearing-up of the aerosol was found. It is determined that clearing mechanisms are the collective burning of the particles and their carring out from the beam region due to the expansion of heat air. The equation for energy density is derived which relates the parameters of the laser beam to that of the aerosol. The results of the equation solution well agree with the experimental data.
1. V.I. Bukatyi, Yu.D. Kopytin, and V.A. Pogodaev, Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Fiz., No. 2, 14 (1983).
2. V.I. Tkachenko, V.P. Lushev, and M.G. Potapov Propagation of High Power Optical Radiation in a Solid-Particle Aerosol Altai State University, Barnaul (1982), pp. 82–87.
3. S.V. Sakharchenko, and A.M. Skripkin in: Abstracts of Reports at the Second All-Union Symposium, on Laser Beam Propagation in Dispersed Media, Part 2, Obninsk (1982) pp. 98–101.
4. V.I. Bukatyi, and D.P. Chaporov in: Abstracts of Reports at the Fourth All-Union Symposium on Laser Beam Propagation through the Atmosphere. (Nonlinear Effect Accompanying the Propagation of Laser Radiation in the Atmosphere) Institute of Atmospheric Optics, Siberian Branch of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR, Tomsk, (1977) pp. 119–123.
5. A.E. Negin et al. in: Abstracts of Reports at the Fourth All-Union Symposium on Nonresonance Interaction of Optical Radiation with Matter, State Optics Institute, Leningrad (1978), p. 296.
6. Yu.N. Grachev, Atm. Opt., 1, No. 9, 111 (1988).
7. Yu.N. Grachev and G.M. Strelkov in: Abstracts of Reports at the Tenth All-Union Symp. on Laser Beam Propagation through the Atmosphere, Tomsk (1989), p. 131.
8. M.B. Vinogradov, O.V. Rudenko, and A.P. Sukhorukov Theory of Waves (Nauka, Moscow, 1979).