Laser performance of Аl203:Тi3+ crystal excited by electron beam with the current density at the crystal surface from 10 to 500 A/cm2 at electron energy from 190 to 600 keV has been realized. Lasing has been achieved in the range from 0,76 to 0,85 μm, determined by the dielectric mirrors of the laser cavity. Intense crystal superluminescence is observed in the visible and near IR spectral region, mainly from 0,6 to 1,02μm. The analysis of the obtained results permits one to predict the construction of efficient and reliable lasers operating in a wide spectral range, based on Аl203:Тi3+ crystals excited with high-energy electrons. Such lasers can be used for solving a number of atmospheric optics problems.
1. G.A. Skripko, Optika Atmosfery 2, No. 7, 675 (1989).
2. Tunable Solid-State Lasers, Part II, ed. by A.B. Budgor, L. Esterdwitz, and L.G. De Shazer (Springer-Verlag, Vol. 52, 367 p., 1986).
3. E.K. Belonogova, Yu.Zh. Isaenko, and S.V. Shavkunov, Corundum with Titanium – A High-Efficiency Material for Tunable Solid-State Lasers, Surveys in Electronic Technology, Ser. II, Laser and Optoelectronic Technology No. 1 (1344), 40 (Moscow, Press of the Central Research Institute "Electronika,“ 1988).
4. S.G. Bartoshevich, V.D. Burlakov, V.V. Zuev et al., Optika Atmosfery 1, No. 12, 87 (1988).
5. M.V. Belokon’, G.S. Kruglik, and G.A. Scripko, Zh. Prikl. Spektrosk. 38, No. 5, 752 (1983).
6. G.S. Kruglik, G.A. Skripko, and A.P. Shkadarevich, Tunable Lasers Based on Activated Crystals 33 p., (Minsk, Izdat. Belorus. Polytekh. Inst., 1984).