The paper presents an algorithm for constructing the system of observations in the problem on interpreting the remote sensing data based on the solution of an ad-joint problem. Some advantages of the algorithm are demonstrated in the paper by concrete examples of its realization. The data obtained using this approach are compared with the data obtained using other observational models.
1. A.V. Kondratyev Opt. Atmos., 1, No. 4, 86 (1988).
2. G.I. Marchuk Methods of Computational Mathematics (Nauka, Moscow, 1977).
3. V.V. Penenko Numerical Modeling Methods for the Atmospheric Processes (Gidrometeoizdat, Leningrad, 1987).
4. M.S. Malkevich Optical Investigations of the Atmosphere from Satellites (Nauka, Moscow, 1973).
5. A. Arcing and J.D. Childs J. Appl. Meteor., 24, 322 1985.
6. A.V. Kondratyev and V.I. Binenko The Effects of Clouds Radiation and Climate (Gidrometeoizdat, Leningrad, 1984).
7. R. Guzzi, O. Vittovi and C. Tomasi, J. Atmosph. Sci. 31, 251 (1974).